Monday, October 12, 2015

It's Just Another Malone Monday... Until it's NOT... THE FANTASTIC VOYAGE EDITION

I realize that "Columbus sailed the ocean blue in Fourteen Hundred and Ninety Two" and all, but did he realize celebrating his holiday would put a kink in my Monday Morning Bliss? Seriously, thank you Christopher, I very much love the land you "discovered", but you see, this unexpected holiday has 2, not 1, child of mine home with me today. It's a Malone Monday AND a HOLDERDAY! For real, it's good, I am so thankful for these 2 monkeys and grateful for their health and VIBRANT personalities. So here we go on our Fantastic Voyage today... "Come along and ride on a fantastic voyage, Slide Slide Slippity Slide..."
Malone Monday AND a Holderday!

Brother's K3 class walked to the Pumpkin Patch at the Methodist Church this past Friday. Sister and I tagged along, because at the time that sounded like a perfect idea, right!? Sure, in theory. You put your beloved in matching pumpkin shirts and take your "big camera" to snap some lovely (and free) frame-worthy photos, right?! NOT if you know the Ainsworth kiddos! Holder chose his pumpkin and carried it around proudly all over the pumpkin patch while sister screamed to get out of her stroller and then proceeded to stand in the middle of Holder's class story time like she owned the place...
Holder's pumpkin choice...
Malone's all: "I own this place"...
Closest I came to a picture of them "together"...
Holder and his K3 buddies 

We had another fun Gameday Saturday in Starkville with our Holderman! He is fun to take into the games now, well at least until halftime...
Bulldog Fam (minus our tiniest member)
MSU vs Troy
Future Bulldog...

I LOOOOOVE fall for it brings me football games, festivals, pumpkins and the season changing! This time of year always reminds me of a song I love, "Every Season". It talks about the seasons literally changing but more so about the changing seasons of our lives and how God uses them to show us His love, grace and never ending presence. He never leaves us in our mommy fog alone! This life can indeed be a fantastic voyage so I will leave you with this beautiful lyric to ponder on...


Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer 


And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and was to come
You are autumn 


And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death, You open doors for life to enter
You are winter 


And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter... spring


From Nichole Nordeman, "Every Season", 2000
WATCH and LISTEN at:  https://youtu.be/r-JgsOMiqCs

No comments:

Post a Comment