Monday, October 5, 2015

It's Just Another Malone Monday... THE FAM JAM SICK WEEK EDITION

Our sweet Mimi (AKA my mama) gave me this card recently and she wasn't kidding... Might it have been an omen? 
#mommyfogblog
This past week I took a tiny Blog-cation due to family illness, shots and, well, LIFE! I started feeling less than wonderful on Saturday and felt my voice going and by Sunday morning I was fully hoarse and fully exhausted. But what does life throw your way when you are "down"- MORE life of course. Brother looked tired from the weekend but I didn't think much of it. Until he got home and I realized he was a-brewing... something. So, I "skipped" my Monday night bible study due to what I will now refer to as "mother's intuition". That night our son slipped down (don't run in socks Holder!) and in his cry-fest (bless) started projectile vomiting. Throw that in with his already "unstable tummy", we kept him home from school Tuesday. And by WE, no I don't have a mouse in my pocket (one of my favorite lines), but WE as in my hubby and I. And although he is a dear, he did not stay home to help me, nope, he was down for the count... too. A touch of the stomach bug tried to take down the Ainsworth crew. So both my boys were not at their best while I did have a little of my voice back by then to bark out orders, wait, I mean TAKE their orders while luckily sister was in full swing BUT was definitely being her tiny tornado self! All 4 of us in the house on a Tuesday with 3 babies (yes, 3) was almost enough for me to dust off the ol' resume and start applying... for ANYTHING! 



After all, Tuesday, oh glorious Tuesdays are SUPPOSED TO BE when while Holder is learning his letters and numbers, sister is at our church's Mother's Morning Out (I call it Mother's Sanity In) and I enjoy a 2 hour bible study. It's my ANCHOR and has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself, personally (& spiritually), since I have been a SAHM... 


Snapshot of my studies since March 2012

... BUT this week I had to anchor down at home with my fam jam. Praise the Lord, we made it to Wednesday and were operating on about 75% so the boys went back to school and work, exactly where they needed to be! :) (Disclaimer: Holder had not been "sick" in 24 hours so we were good for returning to school- Mommy Police, stay calm!) Sister and I participate in Kindermusik on Wednesdays but our friends in the class had siblings that were now sick so no music today, love. So needless to say, my head was spinning from my normal week totally disrupted, day 3. BUT then it hit me, my little bitty teeny weenie moo moo turned 18 months old today! Ahhh... mama moment here, please...


Malone, 18 months old

We got back on track Wednesday night for Holder's Choir Program at our church. He was thrilled beyond belief to be there (insert sarcasm here) and show off his "duck face"...


FBC Laurel Choir Program

#threenager
Thursday rolled around and seemed like everyone was doing great. Husband working, Brother at school, Sister at MMO, Mama helping at school for event- we were all where we needed to be. And then lunch time came. This mama took a turn for the worse and ended up on our Mimi's couch. (Thank the good Lord above for grandparents!) By late Thursday afternoon I rallied and we came home and I actually cooked dinner. I felt so accomplished that in my mommy fog, I could prepare grilled pork chops, roasted asparagus and carrots with brown rice. Until my husband came home and could barely eat a bite because he was feeling like I had earlier in the day. SERIOUSLY, leave us alone stomach bug or whatever you are, I COOKED! I've got on my Armor (thank you, Priscilla Shirer) but this bug has almost won. BOO.

TGIF! We may have crawled there but we made it to Friday. Sweet sister had to get shots at her 18 month old check up. Of course she did. The only one of our Fam Jam that had escaped feeling like poo (literally). TMI, sorry! But this little bowling ball rolled right through those shots like a champ and was the best little shopping buddy up in the Bed Bath & Beyond...

What she thought about her shots today!

Friday afternoon we met back up with Brother Bear who was feeling back to his threenager self...

Who Dat glad it's finally Friday!?

We rocked on into our weekend and went to Loblolly Festival and sweet girlfriend, Lilly's birthday party...

This cowgirl...

After about an hour, H warmed up to a pony ride. Finally. 

The rest of the weekend was spent chilling at home, watching SEC football, church Sunday and a good old southern baptist potluck lunch in the church gym, naps and the NFL. Here's hopes to a better week this week... Omens stay away!


"... Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. But as for me and my household,we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15


No comments:

Post a Comment