Tuesday, September 29, 2015

TWO STEP-ping on a Tuesday


Yes, that is a song reference.

Every mom needs something that is her own. Something she loves to spend time doing that became a passion before the boys and the babes came along. Something that makes her feel young and free! Anyone that knows me knows that I am a little bit of a Dave Matthews Band fan. Ok, that might be a tad bit understated. Ok, yes I have been to 29 shows and counting since I fell in love with them in college in 1998. Ok, yes my husband married into this slight obsession of mine and has gladly traveled the country with me. Ok, yes, we might have used his lyrics on our Christmas card when I was expecting our first born. And Ok, yes we have a "hall of Dave" in our home...


from The Christmas Song by Dave Matthews
Part of our "Hall of Dave"


Like I said, this obsession began when I saw DMB live for the first time in Birmingham, AL 17 years ago. Since then there have been numerous shows back in the "ham", Nash-vegas, the ATL, Charlotte, Raleigh, West Palm Beach, Memphis, Washington state (The Gorge), Orange Beach, New Orleans & California... just to name a few spots. I knew I snagged a good guy when he willingly jumped right into my "hobby" when we started dating...

DMB 2006 in Raleigh, NC

3 DMB shows 2007 at The Gorge, Washington State
Dave & Tim 2013 in New Orleans
(I was 6+ months preggars with Malone here)
Sister was serenaded by Dave & Tim all night!
New Orleans 2013 
2 DBM shows 2015 in Denver, CO

So many have asked if I have ever met Dave. Um, no. Being part of the Warehouse (his fan club) has failed to allow me that luxury. BUT, I have woken Tim Reynolds up in First Class on a plane after a show in West Palm, watched an encore performance backstage in Birmingham, AL and high-fived Boyd Tinsley twice in August of this year at the Denver show, night 1...

Tim Reynold's signature, 2008
Backstage in Birmingham, 2013
My man Boyd in Denver, 2015


Last but certainly not least, what are my Dave Favs? My absolute favorite song and lyric is Grey Street. Off the top of my head I have narrowed it down to 31 other favorite songs of his and some covers. LOL! Even I hear myself typing this, wait... :) In no particular order...

Grey Street
Bartender
Crazy Easy
Crush
Crash
So Damn Lucky
Seven
Stay or Leave
One Sweet World
You and Me
Proudest Monkey
The Maker
I'll Back You Up
Space Between
Say Goodbye
So Much To Say- The Bridge-Too Much
Sister
Grace is Gone
Ants Marching
TWO STEP
Lie in Our Graves
Jimmy Thing
Granny
Dancing Nancies
Seek Up
Christmas Song
Pig
Halloween
Stolen Away on 55th & 3rd
Cornbread
Warehouse
(AND of course...) Watchtower

So for MY encore, I hope you are TWO STEP-ping your way through a fantastic Tuesday! Enjoy and find or re-find that one thing YOU love, MOMS- it helps with clarity in the MOMMY FOG!

MY DISCLAIMER: Dave Matthews is an entertainer to me. In my One Sweet World (see what I did there?), that's all I want/need from him (selfish as that may be). His politics and personal life I do not know all about nor do I agree with some that I do know, but one thing I for sure agree with is that the man is talented and can jam. Even if you aren't a fan, if you've seen his live show you can appreciate his talent and his jamming capabilities! So for that reason, I will summon my inner-hippie any day and do a little two stepping of my own.  ENJOY LIFE PEOPLE, LIGHTEN UP, KEEP YOUR WITS ABOUT YOU AND HAVE SOME FUN! I mean, isn't that what abundant life is all about?!

"Eat, Drink & Be Merry, for tomorrow we die..." - Dave Matthews






No comments:

Post a Comment