Saturday, September 26, 2015

Drawers, gems & bird princes

"Seriously it's Saturday morning and you're BLOGGING?!", my loving husband said over the roar of the kids, the oven beeping with our Saturday Morning Muffins (ritual), & the TV flipping between Paw Patrol and ESPN. But when I get started on something I CANNOT let it go (insert singing Frozen here) until I am finished. Usually this happens when I have about 8 other things going on- like breakfast, laundry, leaving the house by 9 am and kids running amuck (is that a word... why yes it is!) and I walk past a drawer that I know is a HOT MESS and it is like dangling a carrot in front of a horse- I cannot leave it alone. So, I start digging and sorting through said drawer looking for absolutely nothing but it had summoned me for a reason, yes? Then I came across this GEM (see picture). OMG the cursive writing! REMEMBER THAT KIDS OF TODAY??!! I stopped dead in my tracks and laughed out loud (literally LOL'd) at my 10 year old literary aspirations written in pencil on hole-punched notebook paper (I love some school supplies). Wonder if (and why) I was a little upset at my sweet daddy? Enjoy this Pulitzer-worthy gem...

The Bird Prince

Once upon a time there was a princess named Elaina. She was a happy princess. Her Father, King Edward, hated all her happiness. Princess Elaina loved birds. She had collection after collection of birds. Her room was decorated with birds. Bird wallpaper, bird bedspread, bird curtains, bird everything. It was a very happy room. Her father, on the other hand, did not like her. He was grouchy all day!
It was the beginning of spring. Princess Elaina was sitting in her window seat. She was singing sweetly to the birds. All of the sudden there was a knock on the door. She went to see who it was. When Elaina opened the door guards grabbed her and took her to the top floor with one window, a bed, and a nightstand. They threw her in there and locked the door. She ran to try to open the door, but there was no use. She cried and screamed hoping someone could hear, but that was no use! She cried her self to sleep.
The next morning was a beautiful morning. She woke up to a bird chirping.
“Hello, hello, little birdie! What are you doing way up here? Elaina said.
“I came to help you.” the birdie replied.
“Huh? But I don’t understand,” Elaina said surprised, “birds don’t talk. Oh no! I must be seeing things!”
“No,” the bird replied. “I am Karl, the bird prince.” 

“What, a bird prince?” she said puzzled. “There’s no such thing, anyway, what is a bird prince?”
Karl said, “A bird prince is a bird that turns into a prince.”
“I don’t believe you!” Elaina said.
“O.K.,” Karl said. “Here goes…” Then he turned around and around and stopped, snapped his fingers and turned into a handsome young prince. “Shall we be off?” he said.
“What do you mean,” she said.
“There’s only two ways to get out of here, the door is locked and too far to jump. Don’t you get it? We’ll fly!” Karl replied. “Take my hand and hold on tight.” They started to fly. They flew all the way to the Great Palace and, you know it, of course, they lived happily ever after.
The End.


Now isn't that an interesting BLAST from my PAST! Wonder if I got an "A"? Oh, and it appears that I got over being "mad" at my sweet daddy... albeit a few months later... Bless! #neverwasanartist

No comments:

Post a Comment