Friday, September 25, 2015

About me & how the Mommy Fog came to be...

I am important.
How do I know this? Because I have several TITLES and NAMES I answer to. That makes a person important, right? To my husband, Scott, my name is Katye and I am his WIFE of almost 8 years...
December 8, 2007 (Arden Photography)
To our 3 year old threenager son, Holder, and 1 year old diva daughter, Malone, I am mama or lately, just "mom", and I am their MOTHER. Actually, now that I think about it I am also their short order cook, driver, personal shopper, miss fix it, trouble shooter, mind reader, problem solver, nurse, translator, maid, photographer, therapist, secretary, assistant, educator, disciplinarian, life coach, best friend, spiritual guide and, obviously, their entertainer. But most of all I am their BIGGEST FAN and PRAYER WARRIOR...
Easter 2015
Easter 2015
To our 7 year old cat, Moses, I am PETA- Praying Everyday That he's still Alive! Moses is a story of his own and is already on his 9th life.
Moses strutting after his "summer shave"
Moses strutting after his "summer shave"
PARTY of 5? That's us! And did I mention we are MSU Bulldogs?! Yes, I can hear those glorious cowbells ringing now. HAIL STATE!
Christmas 2014 (Jennifer Parnell Photography)
Christmas 2014 (Jennifer Parnell Photography)
REWIND: My personal and professional life drastically changed once our son waltzed into our lives, a month early I might add, in March of 2012.
Baby Holder (Cat Moore Photography)
That is when I left my professional life (as we had planned) of 11 years and entered into the "mommy fog" by becoming a mom, and a stay at home one at that. Heck it's taken me 3 and 1/2 years to start this blog, so that explains a lot. The first year with Holder was amazing but tough as our calendars quickly filled with doctor appointments due to his cases of hydronephrosis, jaundice, hip dysplasia , failed hearing tests, etc... After his pyeloplasty surgery at 1 year old at Children's Hospital of Alabama at UAB, the hydronephrosis continues to improve and the other items worked themselves out by age 2. (Insert "Praise the Lord" emoticons here!) Currently we go annually for an ultrasound to make sure his right kidney is behaving. Hopefully by age 6 it will be biannually.
April 2013
April 2013
Our daughter decided to give us a break and arrive only 2 weeks early in March of 2014, thank you sister. Praise the Lord she had a clean bill of "inner" health! But goodness gracious if she hasn't had her fair share of "outward" ailments from the flu, which she shared with me last spring- thanks for that sweet girl, to ear and eye infections, traumatic teething starting the day she was born (it felt like) AND many a tumble on many a hard surface. Our little "moo moo" always has a "boo boo". But boy when she smiles her smile and her laugh... that's the good stuff!
Baby Malone (Cat Moore Photography)
We did think SHE was a HE for about 3 weeks but BOY were we thrilled when HE was a SHE! Malone is tiny but tough and literally needs a helmet to break her falls before she literally breaks something... other than her front 2 teeth, she's already chipped those. I've literally considered purchasing some bubble wrap recently... Anyway, luckily our tiny tornadoes adore each other, well, most days anyway...
Memorial Day 2015
Memorial Day 2015
So that is the long and short of us. Being a parent is the most awesome thing I have ever done but it is also the craziest I have ever been- and I mean crazy... in the head. Here on the Mommy Fog Blog I hope you will find humor, honesty and most likely a stream of consciousness of whatever is going on when I have a minute to sit down and write. I've always loved writing so please enjoy, laugh and have some fun today! It's the only way to survive the "mommy fog". Can I get an AMEN!?
The Fam Jam, Malone is 1, March 2015
"I pray that my children may grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 3:18

No comments:

Post a Comment